Thursday, September 20, 2018

The Buttercup and Mongo Effect

Of course I had to give that box a stenciled paint job.





Just couldn't leave it plain. More is after all, more.





Once I was happy with that and went on to finally finish threading the towel warp I was dismayed to find it was rather dark under there in the evening. In fact I moved Mongo the Mac under the bright lights and that left Fanny Justine in part of the studio not well lit at night. But we fixed that too. Mongo had two sets of castle lights, front and rear. I would likely never use the rear strip so I removed them, cut the strip to fit and re-installed them on F. Justine. Lights, camera, sleying!



The salon was moderately busy. It was a good place to rest and recharge after last weeks bad news.
Two lovely button down fall blouses made it out. Long sleeved and complete with nice cuffs and placket.




Lobster's, foxes, tractors and boats!

Hedgies!
 Plackets are like collars, they can be fussy bits, but all in all the directions were good and we got through it and much more accomplished on them by the second shirt.

Loved being able to use the cute selvedge.
A second skirt came out of the salon too, This Liesl and Co Everyday Skirt is a well thought out pattern and goes together easily.



 I could still go down a size I think but I love this longer length.



The fabric is a piece of wool suiting I've had in stash for at least 4 years and there was just enough for this comfy fall skirt. I wore it out today to market with cotton tights and some casual boots and felt quite seasonal.

The week has been catch up on some household stuff, like a good cleaning on both floors, bathrooms included. I've also been trying out recipes for a pear custard pie, and different quick breads. Cool weather has made baking possible again and even enjoyable!

The country right now is like an erupting shit show. I'm sorry, I don't have a better way of putting it. Between the horror of Florence ( and that there are so many people still suffering after Maria!), that squirrely Kavanaugh jerk, the orange asshat and his gang of crooked stooges (You know, the GOP), the fear that the Russians have this coming election rigged and the ever increasing and unchecked gun violence I'm feeling a bit less optimistic than usual. I was considering throwing out "Fixing A Hole" but I'm saving that for a really black day! :-)

Because one of the recent car commercials has given me a week long ear worm, I'm sharing it with all of you! We can all be humming together! How groovy is that? Here you go, something fun.

Parting shot: Intent on Timmy, always!


14 comments:

Theresa said...

First up.

LA said...

Ah...just a few more weeks until the mid-term elections. There's always hope! For now, we just keep our heads up and do what we have to do: find Timmy!!! The light bar really works on Justine!!!!

beckster said...

Keep the faith! Surely the blue wave is coming, not that I know how that will help with the orange asshat, but I feel hopeful this morning. Send me some of that cool weather, please. It is hot here, and my AC went out. Which shirt pattern did you use? Very cute blouses!

Theresa said...

We had to dispose of some Timmy's recently. Toxic waste has never been handled so secretly.
The light bar is a big plus on this loom. Mongo came with all sorts of extras huh?!

Theresa said...

If you feel hopeful then I do! Besides, I am hoping to get my car into the wash and detail place today. The blouse pattern is Hey June Handmade Cheyenne Tunic. Sending you a cool down!

farmer's wife weaving said...

What, you threw away some Timmys - sacrilege! - traitor! - meany! Just kidding, I had to stick up for the Timmy lovers in your crew.

Really love the new red box, the raccoon and the little bird are so cute.

Your sewing salon is really producing some cute winter wear.

Theresa said...

Once the Timmy's begin to be able to be peeled it's time to toss. A lot of old nylabones were purged too. The cruelty of it all...

A lot of my last years winter wear is scads too big. I'm hanging onto some favorites but a lot of it is in the maybe pile. If I don't grab it over the winter, then it will go to Good Will.

World of Animals, Inc. said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos with us. We love the paint job that you did and really like the Lobster's, foxes, tractors and boats blouse. Hey Timmy great to meet you. You are a adorable pup. Have a wonderful weekend.
World of Animals

Theresa said...

WOA, There is some history behind Timmy, who is actually a ball, any ball. The cutie in the pic is ball obsessed Stella and yes, she is adorable! :-) Not that I'm biased or anything.....

Peg Cherre said...

Ok, what is a light bar that you can cut? Do share!!

I'm still both envious and laudatory that your clothes from last year are scads too big. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to food, and can't exercise enough hours in a day to get rid of it away.

That Stella pic is too cute!

Theresa said...

Peg, I didn't buy this, it came on Mongo but it looks like this stuff you can get at Home Depot. Brand name Optiled.
Here is the video on installation from HD.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td7ddaLjC7Q

Susan said...

Maybe I should paint raccoons around the house to lift my spirit - and drive Slimmie crazy. I have a couple of projects that could use some bright colors. Oh, Stella! What a doll!

Theresa said...

Well, those painted bandits do provide extra hands, of a sort! ;-) Stella is a doll, a spoiled rotten little doll, but we love her more for it!

Mary said...

I'm always amazed at your energy and productivity. The new blouses, and the skirt are fantastic. I'll bet you are enjoyinh the cooler weather. I know I am.