Monday, October 2, 2017

And Yet Again

Another shooting, this time in Las Vegas and while I have a lot of thoughts on this, why I'm really posting is to say that there are over 400 people injured and many of them are going to need blood.
If you can give please, please, now would be a great time.

Even though you may be far away from this latest madness, your blood will allow banks everywhere to send in what they can to the victims of the Las Vegas shooting. It takes hardly any time at all, heck even my 80 year old Mother has regularly given blood all her life and with her O negative universal blood she has been called upon to give in cases of emergency around the Boston area.

You get to lie down and meditate for 20 minutes, and then you are rewarded with cookies, good karma and orange juice afterwards. How easy is that to save a life?

Parting shot: Perspective

6 comments:

Peg Cherre said...

I've donated for years. Did so just a few weeks ago, and am already scheduled for the next drive.

Susan said...

Great advice - blood donations are always needed. I give regularly and am donating on Thursday. Just before my volunteer stint at the local rabies clinic.... Love that shot!

Michelle said...

Excellent advice; thanks! I've given blood in the past, but it's been awhile. Will be signing up for the next blood drive at our local hospital!

Anonymous said...

Jack Butt! Great advice - I am heading down to donate tomorrow.

Leigh said...

We have a fairly regular Red Cross drive at my work. I tried a couple times to sign up. All the slots had been filled within 30 minutes of the announcement going out. So good that it's full, and if I'm honest, good for me as I've had many bad needle experiences for simple blood draws and the resulting bruises lasted a month. :( But you're right, it's very needed, so I may need to suck it up and deal.

Mary said...

You have a wonderful attitude-thanks for the reminder of ways we can fight the madness. Cute jr butt.