Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cheek to Cheek

This is what the dog days of summer look like here. Temps expected in the mid to high 90's today. Yesterday was 92F. Too hot for much of anything but keeping cool in the house. Shamelessly we spent the day watching movies. I rented Sherlock Holmes and found it thoroughly entertaining, but then again I liked Beverly Hills Chihuahua too.
I was then sucked into what will be a lost weekend with the first of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Fellowship of the Ring. I did manage to carve out a bit of room for my cheeks in the comfy chair. Stella goes marvelously boneless when you pick her up during her beauty sleep times and can be molded to fit almost anywhere there is room.



10 comments:

LA said...

It's called the "dog days of summer" for a reason!!! I think they have the right idea.

ladyoftheloom said...

Good weather and friends for a movie weekend!

Unknown said...

My dogs have figured out that the best way to stay cool is just to lay over the air conditioning vents!

Anonymous said...

I had a day like that - so relaxing!

Life Looms Large said...

So much cuteness! Stay cool!!

Sue

Sharon said...

Dog days. Love the illustrations :) Hope to see the heat go soon, like day before yesterday.

Long Ridge Farm said...

It's been the same here and I also spent an entire day on the couch watched 5 movies! Glad to hear it's the going thing!

Julie said...

Its been in the upper 90's for the past few weeks here and we are melting!

Leigh said...

I reckon they call them "dog days" because dogs know best what to do with them. :)

Life Looms Large said...

I remember this post bringing a smile to my face the first time I saw it. I must have been interrupted because how could I not comment on a dog post!!

Such cuties!

Sue