Friday, February 13, 2009

Lincoln Celebration

Isn't it nice to have a President, that when he opens his mouth, you can puff up with
a little pride, a pride that hasn't been felt in oh so long? One that can make us look
at our history with a clarity about the great strides we have made as a nation
and the tragedies equally?
Forgiveness is probably one of the greatest and hardest
things  for a nation and when President Obama spoke about Lincoln allowing Confederate soldiers to go home to their farms and families with no pound of flesh extracted I was moved and I was reminded that hope is a forward looking gift, not one that dwells in the past.


1 comment:

Lynnette said...

I must admit that I'm so proud of the change the US has made too, a huge leap forward! A very hopeful time for your country I feel.