So before I thread, I am going to learn to put heddles on shafts. Oh joy! Let's learn everything right away!
I would also like to point out that there is something new on her. Big Sal and I received an early birthday gift. A plain beam and the appropriate tension arm.
The apron that goes with this beam is hanging above it.
Now it won't make one whit of difference on this warp, but it will mean next warp I can at least wind on as I usually do. It also opens the door for supplemental warps. How cool! I'm also getting a helping hand sometime next month from a long time weaver who uses an AVL and does nothing but warp sectionally, so there is hope for some proficiency in the future no matter what method is chosen. I am so excited and you can count on some more information about it as we get to it.
Besides spending most of the weekend in bed napping with 7 of my closest friends, some sewing was eeked out. I used a wonderful springy green Brussels Washer fabric (cotton/linen blend) for another of the pleated front tunics.
I raised the front seam a bit more, accentuated the curve up to the side seam and lengthened the hem to just below the knee. This fabric has the drape of linen and hangs beautifully. Some pick stitched grosgrain ribbon adds just a little whimsy.
The pockets almost always seem to take as long as the garment itself. Lining and correct placement both on the tunic and to each other, but at least for me, I got to have pockets. Tops feel incomplete without at least one and with a weighty fabric, just one will make the garment feel lopsided when wearing.
Just had to share the logo on this sweatshirt that was waiting for me when I arrived in MA. It has become my favorite around the house shirt BTW. I don't know where my Dad got it, but Gene offered me good money for it. No way!
Parting shot: Alert! Alert! Contraband (nylabone) on the bed. Stella knows it is not supposed to be there.