Friday, June 6, 2014

What Light Through Yonder Window Breaks?

It is the north where doth birdseed fall...











Seriously, this is a youngster. He had a grand time scavenging black oil sunflower seed cast from the feeder.

Then he had to have a little rest and study the birds twittering about in the Arctic Willow by the deck. And us studying him.





I suppose we were pretty boring, but I didn't think we'd ever put anybody to sleep!







 In all honesty, I was a little worried our visitor might be sick, so I came off the deck, camera in hand. This was the last picture I got before a very insulted young fox bolted back into his woods,



 no doubt heading whiskers first into his next adventure. Of course I said "he" but I have no idea if this is Romeo or Juliet.

Grey foxes are small, about the size of a small to medium house cat and far less aggressive and shy than Red Foxes. They will hide and forage in trees, but are unable to actually "climb" a tree like a cat does with its retractable claws.

8 comments:

LA said...

Thank you for sharing those pictures. Around here it is rare to see a fox. And, they move so quickly that you might think you imagined it!

Donna W said...

Amazing pictures! Have you ever considered having a career as a wildlife photographer? Seriously, you take the best pictures.

Cindie said...

He/she is beautiful and what a photo hog. We hear fox at night sometimes - I love their sound.

mellansystern said...

Nice Fox

Michelle said...

That is such a beautiful creature! And what good photos!

Coco said...

Lovely. did he actually eat the seeds? They are a favorite with my squirrels and larger birds.

Mary said...

Oh, excellent!

ladyoftheloom said...

What a great day!