Tricky enough to provide interest, the fit is like a boyfriend/husband shirt, a little over sized, but the styling makes it all look so good! I was unsure of those long angled french darts but they are perfect for this shirt.
The shaping they provide from bust to waist is fab. They make the shirt curve slightly in all the right places. The front placket is 3/4 length with a nice pleat down to the hem, option for a true collar or just a band collar and a longer tunic length with a pretty shaped shirttail hem. It was so captivating I made a second one.
BOTH need to have buttons sewn on, so I will get my thread and needle out and go to work on those.
I also made a point of trying out the side cutter foot I bought for the Brother sewing machine.
Hey, it works! It's slow compared to a stand alone serger, very slow, but it gets the job done and worked very well on the cotton fabrics I used for these shirts. It is a nice option to have to do cut and overcast edges just by changing a foot on the machine.
The travel prep is in full swing and while most things are quite streamlined in ease, my boy Dennett has been anything but easy. He has been going on and off his food. A trip to the vet, blood work, worry and cash have all been expended. He is off old meds and on new which we are hoping will continue to provide a good quality of life for a little longer. I am hoping and praying for improvement over the weekend.
It's that fine line we're walking, but nothing in his blood panel indicates he is in any kind of chronic failure or pain. He is still enjoying his walks, and the afternoon meal seems to be relished quite well.
On the weaving front some progress has been made on the overshot. I'm into one of the darker color changes and it looks quite pretty.
Easier to see any mistakes on too!
I've sent off heavy rug wool via mail to Massachusetts. I'm going to give my Dad's Harrisville shaft switching rug loom a spin while I'm visiting.
Parting shot: When Stella sasses, we listen. :)