I'm on the home stretch with the painting.
Every time I open a can of paint I thank Dean Cohen for a better way to manage the job. Dean and his company did all the original plastering and painting. No flimsy trays here, a 5 gallon bucket and hanging paint screen makes the job easier and safer.
I am less likely to tip a big bucket over than a tray that's for sure. And no stupid critter (or human!), is going to step in it. The set up is more stable on the ladder and I can wrap a plastic bags over the bucket, the roller and a baggie on the brush and take break or even overnight them. The last bits to be done are refreshing the trim and painting the new hallway chair rail.
I did allow myself some time at the beginning of the week to obsess over a new and simple tunic pattern. Green Bee is a small indie pattern company and this is their Lela pattern. It could go into scrub territory with the wrong fabric choices, but it is a fun, easy and comfortable everyday kind of tunic. My wearable muslin is all scraps out of stash.
The second rendition out of a light Japanese canvas I've had waiting for the right pattern. This was it.
I could let the interesting fabric just be itself.
Barn cleaning and some cutting back and weeding in the garden rounded out the week.
Soon we'll bring in our hay, mulch out the beds and walkways, get the wood split and stacked and in general start buttoning up for winter. The warm sun never seems so sweet as right now. Summer days, fall's crisp nights.
Parting shot: The Old Man