1. Collar and stand, must be easy to apply and be petite. I dislike large clunky collars and floppy collar stands.
2. Back yoke, nicely lined with a second yoke. My favorite method for that yoke is the "burrito" method. I use it all sorts of places. I like a pleat too. Easy enough to add if he pattern doesn't have one.
3. Perfect fitting shoulders and a well fitting sleeve head. This is one type of garment that I simply must have a near perfect fit in this area.
4. A full sleeve. I like a nice bit of gather into my cuff. I think it's just prettier and more feminine to have that fullness and softness.
5. A folded button placket. I'm not a fan of the sew on variety. It's easy enough though to just add for a fold over. Having a hidden placket just means you add another folds span or so for the right front.
6. Shaped at the waist area and full enough at the hip area. A straight man's cut shirt usually feels and looks a bit tight below the waist for many women, myself especially.
7. Shallow shirt tail hem. I'm not a fan of the deep swoopy hems. They are hard for me to get nice. I am not adverse to a straight hem either and have been known to cut that shirt tail off all together.
So, the Hey June Cheyenne shirt and tunic pattern hit a few of those most important items and those it didn't were easy enough to add/adjust. The most important things; #'s 2,3, 4 and 6 were pretty spot on. I added a back pleat, changed up the cuffs just cuz I could and did hidden plackets on both my makes. The white one was the first one and I didn't make any changes other than to make a longer sleeve on the second one. I really like this pattern. I have one more button down shirt pattern coming from Liesl & Co and when I make it up I'll do a little comparison of all three.
Other than sewing and threading Mongo very slowly, I've been making jam. This weekend I made up good sized batches of Nectarine and Lime Jam (last year's favorite) and Nectarine and Raspberry Jam.
I also made a scrumptious Blueberry Coffee Bundt cake with lemon glaze for Gene's birthday today. It's amazing what you can accomplish at 4:00a.m.!
In other things, I have to ask is anyone surprised that the Orange Asshat is an Orange Russian Asset? That there are more Kremlin assists in congress? What a disservice the GOP has done to this county and our democracy. I think every single one of them should be put on trial for treason.
Yep, Hilary had it right, Putin's Puppet. Oh lord, November can't come fast enough.
Green Day, you had it right all along!
Parting shots: A twofer, dogs and demo. It's going to be a messy end to July!